Saturday, June 13, 2020

Joyful Journey

Friday, June 12

I went to the post office, bank, Walgreen's, Vince and Joe's, and Kroger's. I must say that shopping has changed a great deal since COVID-19 struck. I hadn't been to Vince and Joe's since early March and I wasn't used to all the signs on the floor or the fact that the lines are where you can't see them. Did you know that here are people who are more than happy to tell you that you are doing something wrong! And, now you can't put items on the belt until the person in front of you is finished. Shopping at Vince and Joe's was OK. There were plenty of nice employees. However, the check out experience was the pits. I hope it was just the day and not the norm. 

I have been part of a group of Ladies for the past 27 years from our days at Morgan Elementary. We are the "Joyful Journey". We met tonight to celebrate Leann's retirement. We had an outside, potluck picnic on Diana's deck. Last fall several of the women flew to NC for a Ladies Conference and Leann had shirts made for the group. I received mine last night. 

This is such a special group of women. We pray for one another, support one another and definitely love one another. I am blessed to be part of this group. 

As you can see from the hearts, two of our group has already finished their journey and are awaiting us in Heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment