Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A 5-Day Post

 Friday, October 16 thru Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Friday, Saturday and Sunday ... I left home around 9:30 and picked up my cousins in Memphis and we headed to Grand Rapids for the weekend to have fun and see colors. We had a really nice time. We ate out at several different places, toured the Fred Meijer Gardens, shopped at Baker Book House and a 2-story Barnes and Noble (that is an awesome place!) and went wine tasting (not me, though). Here are a few pictures from our weekend:



My oldest cousin, Karen, is on the right. Linda is next to her. Our mothers were sisters. We grew up together because we always were visiting, but we've never vacationed or gone anywhere together. 

Their other 2 siblings are Terry, who's 6 months older than me, then Valerie, the "baby". 
















This pic of Karen and me turned out really nice.
My pic with Linda got deleted because her eyes were closed!



I look like I'm half asleep!

We had breakfast at a Panera Bread before we hit I96 heading for home when I asked when the last time Karen had been in Frankenmuth. (She just moved up here after 36 years living in Florida.) Her response: "When I was about 5". So, we headed there next. It was PACKED !!! One and a half hours wait to eat at Zehnder's upstairs so we went downstairs to the cafeteria and ate after only a 10-min. wait. We also walked the street and went into several shops. It's been years since I was able to do that. 

I took the back way home to avoid busy I-75. Went to Vassar then down M15 to 69. After dropping the girls off I got home at 6:00 pm. This is what awaited me on the table from Jon ...


Thank you, Jon. They are beautiful!  Jessie was so excited to see me. She wouldn't quit hugging me. Darla was excited, too! 


Monday, October 19

I had a 10:00 meeting with Jessie's Case Worker that took about a half hour. At lunch time, I met Jane at Leo's and she treated me to lunch for my birthday. Guess what Jessie got in the mail today? Her voter registration card. Give me a break! Jon worked 12 hours. He got home at 7:45 p.m. and went to bed at 8:45 p.m. Didn't see much of him today.


Tuesday, October 20

Merry Maids were here to clean the house. I did some paperwork and then around 1:00 went to Marcus Grill for the Glory Girl's October birthday party (Pat and Me). I've really had quite a few birthday celebrations this year! And I've loved them all. Unless someone else wants to take me out to lunch for my birthday, I think the celebrations are over for this year.

Jane took Jessie to the MTRC for open swim today! The first time since the stay-at-home order shut most everything down. I was impressed with the way they have reopened to the public. Jane felt very "safe" with virus protections in place. Jessie was thrilled to go swimming again. They are going again next Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment