Saturday, October 3, 2020

Friday and Saturday

Friday and Saturday have both come and almost gone. I didn't feel like blogging last night. I needed time to digest the news the back surgeon gave me. I've always said that I wouldn't have back surgery unless I couldn't walk. Well. Now that I can't walk without the aide of a cane, have pain and waddle like a duck, it's now going to be sooner than later. Unfortunately, my MRI's showed 2 spinal cord compressions in my lower back. That can be taken care of through surgery.  However, it's an intense surgery and the 6-week recovery and restrictions will be difficult with being primary care giver for Jessie. 

I also found out that the pain in my upper back isn't from my upper back. It's from a herniated disc in my neck. Oh, joy! Thankfully, though, the pain can be managed through shots. I need to pray about all this and seek God's wisdom in the right time to have the surgery and who can help with Jessie. Jon can't take 6 weeks off, that's for sure.

Today, Saturday, the 3 of us went to Leo's Coney Island for breakfast, then I picked up a couple pair of jeans I purchased on-line through Kohl's. Jon put together my new kitchen island that I'm using on the deck. He did a great job. I was his gofer. Not much else got done as I didn't feel like doing anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment