Friday, October 30, 2020

Jessie's Halloween Party

Jennifer took Jessie to breakfast this morning, and Chris and I joined them. It was a nice way to begin an other-wise busy day. After picking up prescriptions at Walgreen's and getting the mail, Chris left and I began getting things ready for Jessie's Halloween party.

Jess rarely asks for anything special, and when she told me weeks ago she wanted a Halloween party, I decided we'd have one with all her aides. Jennifer was a huge help to me when she was finished working with Jess. I was in a terrible amount of back pain all day. I don't remember a day as bad as this one. 

Jane, Rachel, Angie, Joyce, Jennifer, Jessie and I were the party people. Guests arrived at 5:00 p.m., dinner arrived at 5:15 p.m. Three Louie's pizzas and an antipasto salad plus chips and dip were served. When we finished eating, everyone got to decorate a mummy cookie. 



After that we moved to the deck and did a pumpkin craft. It was so nice out there. I had the heaters going for a couple hours before everyone got here and the temperature was pretty good even though it was VERY cold outside. When that was finished we moved back inside to have dessert. Rachel made fabulous cupcakes and Jane and Jessie had made cookies earlier in the week. 

After eating dessert we were going to wrap Jessie up like a mummy with toilet paper and she was supposed to wear her poop hat. However, even though she wanted to do it and talked about it for weeks, she refused to be wrapped. So, Jennifer did it and Jessie unwrapped her. 

The party was a success because here was a lot of laughter and Jessie had a good time!



No comments:

Post a Comment