Friday, October 9, 2020

Energy

I posted that I did paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork yesterday. I just kept it up all day and evening. Then I cleaned up this and that. When it came time to go to bed at midnight, I was still doing things. I didn't go to bed until 1:00 a.m.

I overslept this morning but when I did get up, I had the energy like I've not had in ... well, can't remember. I called it "Aggravate your Kids Day!" and I did do that this morning to both of them. I don't know if they had fun but I certainly did.

At 10:30 a friend picked me up and took me to The Jagged Fork in Grosse Pte. Farms. It was a bit of a drive, but it was so nice out (almost 80 degrees today) and the homes along Jefferson were really something! 

It was a busy place. We only had to wait about 15 minutes, but after us the wait was over a half hour. They took their phone numbers and called them when there was seating. I'd never heard of this place but there's one in Rochester, too. I think I'll take Jon there one morning when we aren't counting points! I had their corned beef skillet with pancakes. Very, very good.

We stopped off at The Happenstance store on Groesbeck south of 16 Mile Road and I finally found a vase I've been wanting. It's to go on the floor on the step before you go down to the family room from the small dining room in the kitchen. My stair chair railing comes past the wall and into the doorway. It's a tripping hazard. I'm really pleased with the vase and 3 stalks of different flowers I also purchased.

After I got home and Jennifer left, I took Jessie to get some blood work done. We were one of the last ones to arrive and definitely the last ones to leave. Poor Jessie. It was a disaster. It ended up being 3 adults holding her arm down and one taking the blood. Unfortunately, there had to be some digging to find the vein. Twice. Jessie screamed, screamed and cried like I haven't seen her cry in years. It was awful. A terrible way to end her good day with Jennifer. I was very concerned with her as she was so upset that I was afraid she'd have a stroke. I asked them for some juice, got a cold paper towel for her face and neck and had her sit in a chair for awhile before we left. I felt like crying myself! I'm not sure I'll ever get her back and get blood again!

Today was her breakfast-out-day with Jennifer. She looks forward to Friday's. After breakfast they went to Target, came home and did a craft.




No comments:

Post a Comment