Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Christmas

Well, the day didn't go like I had planned, but what day does?  Bill, Mom S and I went to church at 11:00.  Jon drove Jessie home then came back for us.  About 10 minutes before we got out of service, Diane called to let us know that she couldn't get hold of our mom.  So, Bill took Mom S and Jess home and Jon and I went to check on her. 

What happened next can be called funny now, but wasn't when it happened.  I let Jon go in and check on her (well, after all he IS a nurse!).  He kept calling her name and no answer.  He figured she had passed away in the night.  He was right next to her bed calling her name and no answer so he reached down to check the pulse in her neck when she let out a large snore.  Scared the crap out of Jon.  He yelled at me to come on back that she was still breathing but she still didn't hear him.  We had to shake her awake.  She was a bit surprised to find us in her bedroom and that it was after 12:30 !!!!! 

Jon went home and I helped her get moving, dressed and got her breakfast.  Jon went home and came back for me around 3:00.  When I got home I told Bill that it sure was a long trip home from church! 

Bill said he had a good day.  Boring, but good.  We'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment