Friday, December 3, 2010

Sister Day

My sister took the day off and took me to the doctor's to get my first of three injections in my knee.  Why?  Because I didn't know what to expect, I'm a "chicken" and didn't want to go by myself, and she's a great sister.  One of the shots hurt alot (probably the numbing medication) and it FELT like he was blowing up my knee.  Di said that it LOOKED like he was blowing up my knee, too!  He also drained 17cc's of water off the knee.  I've kept it elevated and iced tonight.  It feels weird, but I think it is better.  I'm hoping for the best.

Both Bill and Jon have been teasing me about getting chicken side-effects from the shots, as it is made from the chicken comb.  At dinner I turned to Jon and had him look at my lip where it is swollen and red.  Before Jon could comment, Bill said, "That's where the beak grows!"  Cute.  Even with chemo he's still witty!

After my appointment Di treated me to a very special lunch at Lelly's in Auburn Hills.  Very elegant, great food and the home made chocolate ice cream was absolutely delicious.  Thanks, Di!  It was a very special treat.

All afternoon Diane was saying how tired she was and when I got home I could hardly keep my eyes open.  Looked at facebook tonight and several people posted that they were tired.  Wonder if we're getting ready to hibernate?  Bill's been sleeping off and on all day, although his excuse is the chemo.  Very red (steroids) and very tired.  He slept most of the night, though, which was good.  Jon's been in bed since 7:30 p.m.!  I guess we'll all be in bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment