Monday, December 13, 2010

The Weather Outside Is Frightful!

 It's been a VERY long time since I've been out in such cold, blustery and snowy weather.  Jon used the snowblower on both driveways and I tried to shovel the porches and sidewalks.  Unfortunately, under the snow was a thick layer of ice.  Ice melter was useless. 

I didn't want Jess to go out because it was so cold, but she made such a fuss I let her.  The only thing showing outside was her glasses and nose.  She had a good time and didn't complain when we went inside. 

We had to take the van back in to the repair shop today because when Jon went to church yesterday he lost power - no brakes, no steering.  Panel lights flashing. Not good.  I sure hope that it is an inexpensive fix.  When we went out today I was surprised at how bad the roads still were!  Snow covered and icy. 
It was VERY beautiful, though.  The frosty snow hung heavy on bushes and trees.  It was sparkling with the bright sunshine, too.  

Aren't I cute in my snowmobile outfit?  It's at least 25 years old.  Some years it fits better than others!  This year I can get it zipped but can't bend over!

Today was a very hard day for Bill.  More mental than physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment