Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thank You, Jesus, For Humor

Tomorrow Bill will be having a PET scan.  The nurse told us that there was no prep for the test.  That wasn't exactly true.  For dinner he could only have protein ... steak, green beans and a lettuce salad with Italian dressing.  Nothing else.  And, for 24 hours prior to the scan, he wasn't to exercise or exert himself in any way.  Not even chew gum!  I'll have to ask tomorrow why.

Anyway, I was going through a bag of decorations my mom gave me so that I could make tiebacks for the door curtains.  Bill got unusually quiet and when I looked over at him ... well ... the picture tells all.  He had greenery on his head and puckered lips.  What I didn't realize until later, was that the greenery was misteltoe!  I missed my chance.  Oh, well, we wouldn't want him to kiss away and have hot lips on the scan tomorrow.  I'm so glad he's such a good sport and a very funny guy!

I had a very nice lunch out with my friend, Kathy, today.  I love visiting with her and talking Jesus.  I'm thankful that God has given us friends.  Friends who help carry our heavy loads.  Thank you, Jesus, for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment