Friday, June 8, 2012

A Frustrating Day

The only word to describe today is frustrating.  Jess was up very early with a toothache and after she was feeling better from tylenol, I went back to bed and overslept.  I joined Debbie and Jessie for breakfast, only we were about an hour behind.  My french toast was soggie.  We went to the post office where I got a letter from Social Security double checking on Jessie's disability to see if it's changed any.  Last time I knew, once Down Syndrome, always Down Syndrome.  I guess I'll have to remind them.  Again!

We went to Jessie's psychiatrist today where we were early, she was late and took someone else before us.  We waited almost an hour before we were seen for about 15 minutes.  We've put Jess on some anti anxiety medication.  Please pray that this will greatly help her. 

We went to Kohl's bra shopping.  Thanks to Debbie, she got a few that we thought Jess could wear, only she wouldn't cooperate at all in trying them on.  That was it for me.  Bra shopping done for today.  At check out for a small flag I bought for $5.00, Jess was hanging all over me and I about lost it.  I sent her to the van with Debbie and I ended up yelling at the cashier about some bras that I had taken the tags off to try them on.  Of course, I apologized, and she said it was OK.  "No", I said, "it's not OK for me to yell at you because I'm having a bad day with my daughter."  AHHHHHHHHH!

When we got home I went upstairs to eat lunch and do some paperwork, which is still on the desk.  I decided to rest but just as I was about to sit down, I was needed outside.  By the time I got done, it was time for Debbie to go and I had to stay downstairs with Jess. 

The psychologist had to cancel for tonight, and he also told me that his authorization to continue with Jess ended May 31.  Man - what else could go wrong today?

Dinner.  That's what.  Jess and I had 2 left over hot dogs and I attempted to make box macaroni and cheese in my new Tupperware pasta maker.  It was a disaster - it turned out like GLUE!  We just had a bigger bowl of ice cream.

Like I said ... F R U S T R A T I N G !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment