Friday, June 22, 2012

Power Outage

Those of you that read my blog daily will have noticed that there wasn't anything for last night.  That's because we didn't have power - again!  Yesterday afternoon around 3:00 we had a very unexpected "storm" blow through (and I do mean blow!) and it poured rain and hailed.  Some thunder, no lightning that I saw.  It was all over in less than 10 minutes.  We still had power until just before 5:00 when the sun was shining!  Wierd. 

Jon was working, so I called DTE to see when they expected it to come back on and the first answer was 8:00.  I decided to wait it out and not start the generator.  Jess and I ate watermelon and cheese and crackers for a snack until Jon picked up McDonald's for us on his way home.  By the time Jon got home it was getting dark and still no power so I got out our lanterns.  They were ALL working the last power outage, but last night - nothing.  Very frustrating.  I went to put batteries in the lanterns and discovered that some batteries had corroded in the drawer! 

Jon and I were just about ready to go get the generator running when it came back on around 8:45 p.m.  It was so hot and humid in the house it was unbearable.  Outside wasn't much better.  I am very thankful that it did come on and we didn't have to sleep on the couches.  Especially since Jon had to go to work today.

I went to my cousin Carol's yesterday and her brother, Curt, and daughter, Debbie, and I went out to lunch.  We had a nice visit. 

Today Debbie and Jess went to breakfast and then Meijer's shopping.  I stayed home and did paperwork and wash.  Later in the afternoon I went to the post office, bank and Kroger's for a few things. 

Right now it is very nice outside.  I've opened the windows and shut off the air conditioner.  Around 6:30, there was a wind shift with high winds.  It blew alot again.  I think it's also supposed to be alot cooler these next several days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment