Friday, June 1, 2012

Back To Shoes And Socks

I haven't worn socks and shoes for months.  Today I had to put them on because my toes were so cold.  It's been dreary, cold and rainy all day.  I am not complaining, because we sure need the rain, but it would have been nice if it were a little warmer!

I was a little down yesterday, anticipating what we were going to do today.  Jon and I were going to go pick out a headstone, but I decided that it would be depressing enough with sunshine, but with cold and rain - no thanks.  We'll go one day next week when he has off.  I don't want to do this job, but I know it needs to be done.  It's just so final - seeing Bill's name on a stone with birth and death dates.  My grief counselor asked if I ever heard the country western song: "You Don't Know Lonely Until It's Carved In Stone".  I haven't, but it makes perfect sense now. 

Debbie and Jess' breakfast out was a success.  They had breakfast with Kelly, Jessie's case coordinator, who meets them once a month for breakfast.  Afterwards they went visiting, and Jessie, once again, did very well.  I'm glad she had a good day. 

Jon went to the show and saw: "Snow White And The Huntsman", which he said was really good.  Not my kind of movie, that's for sure.  I worked on 3 rubbermaid boxes to be shipped to Lois in Haiti.  Now I'm closing up early and heading upstairs for the night.

P.S.  Happy Belated  ___th Birthday, Julie! (It was yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment