Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy 22nd Birthday, Jessie!

We had one happy girl today, that's for sure.  It began with me singing her Happy Birthday and having her breakfast on the deck.  She and Debbie went to Meijer's (didn't do well there, tho) and bought items for her party on Saturday.  They drove through McDonald's for a kid's meal then had a fun afternoon of videos and magazines.  Jon and I took her to Wendy's for her chicken nugget dinner.  Chris joined us  and I bought a tiny cake (I do mean tiny) to eat with their ice cream and we sang her Happy Birthday there, too.  When we got home she opened presents from Jon and me.  Yup, one happy girl.


Jon and I left at 9:05 and returned at 4:00 p.m.  Here's what we did:

*   Just after we left I was about to take a drink from my water bottle when Jon simultaneously said: "Bump!"  Too late - it was all over my face, shirt and pants.  Not a good start for me, but we did laugh about it.

*   Got to 24 Mile and Schoenherr and I noticed a back up on 24 Mile Road - closer look as we drove by was what looked like a 10 car pile up.  Not a good day for those people. 

*   Doctor's appointment for Jon - all went well.

*   To Macomb County Mental Health Division near the county jail to file our once-a-year guardianship up-date papers only to find out they had moved to the court house in Mt. Clemens.  Instructions on the door told us that there was 3 parking spots in front of the building for the Probate Court - Special Needs Division.  I know because I told Jon I read the paragraph and that's what it said.  So, I parked there.  Only I neglected to read the next sentence which states you need a "Notice of Hearing" sticker to park there.  The cop who wrote the ticket for Jon's Jeep parked in this special needs spot obviously knew the last sentence.  I had to pay a $25.00 parking ticket to Mt. Clemens.  Please don't laugh too loud. 

*   We then went to Lincoln Memorial to pick out a headstone for Bill.  Doing this was a very hard thing to do and makes it feel more permanent, so to speak.  To see his name and dates on a piece of stone is, well, just hard.  We were there for almost an hour and I wanted not to have to go back.  I wanted to get it over and done with today.  Not.  Have to go back several more times.  Oh, well.

*   I treated Jon to a very nice and fancy lunch at Sa-Jo's on 15 Mile and Moravian.  Good stuff.

*   Best Buy for Jon to get a DVD that just came out.  Sam's Club to get Jessie's cake for Saturday.

*   Walgreen's, Bank and Post Office.

Oh, yes, here is a good way to end today's blog:  after we came home from Wendy's Jess sat down on the floor, took her shirt off, removed her bra, put her shirt back on, raised her arms in the air and yelled:  "Thank you, Jesus!"  (Oh, to be free!  I do believe this is echoed around the world by millions of women.)
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy 22nd Birthday to my sweet Jessie!! Nancy you definitely had a memorable day out !! Thanks for sharing & making me laugh :)

    Great talking with you tonight....love & miss you!
    See you soon dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Jessie!! Happy Birthday to our precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday to Jessie - and a big Amen too!!!!

    ReplyDelete