Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Book Club

Since Jessie was born we have been members of FEDS (Families Exploring Down Syndrome).  Even though we do not participate in their monthly meetings, I have gone to several special events.  Today I went to a Summer Reading Club for interested parents.  Our book topic is "The Guide To Good Health for Teens & Adults with Down Syndrome".

I purchased the book ahead of time and almost had heart failure - it cost $29.99 !!!! You know me, I LOVE to read, but I have never paid $30.00 for a book in my life.  Well, that I can remember, anyway.  Today we covered 2 chapters that we had previously read and I am so glad that I bought the book and had this opportunity to talk to other parents of teens with Down Syndrome.  Although our girls are as different as day and night, as other children are, there are so many similarities.  The other ladies gave me some great ideas to implement for Jessie's daily success. We'll be meeting again next month after reading the next 4 chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment