Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Biopsy ... Done!

The dreaded day arrived and this morning's thyroid biopsy is history.  I had a previous one done 8 years ago that was a nightmare.  Although this one was invasive (14 needle pokes) and somewhat painful, it was not traumatic like last time.  Thanks to all who prayed.  They even let Jon in the room for my comfort and as an RN, could watch a procedure he didn't see in clinicals.  I also had 2 phone calls from friends who checked up on me today - Thanks!

I wasn't very happy with Jon's assessment of how I looked after the biopsy.  He likened me to Yoda on Star Wars.  I didn't feel very well when I got up so I sat on the side of the gurney for a bit while the nurse went for a wheelchair.  I had on one of their lovely hospital robes and was supporting myself with my cane.  Jon said that if I was shorter and my cane was crooked, I'd be Yoda.  He got the glare. 

It seems like my body reacts to trauma by me having to rest.  When I got home I went right upstairs and slept for 4 hours.  I woke to a very sore and bruised neck, but otherwise was fine.  I am grateful.  Jess was concerned with the band aid on my throat so we prayed that God would make it better.  She was OK after we prayed.

I also want to thank Joyce and Laura who called to make sure we were OK in yesterday's storm.  That was very thoughtful and made me feel very good that they thought about our welfare.  They were two pretty scary storms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment