Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy 23rd. Birthday, Jessie !!!


It's been several days since I've blogged, but there's been good reason.  I've just been too tired!  It's been a party weekend and I just couldn't get to it until tonight.  (Thanks, Doreen, for making sure I was OK.) 

Friday, June 7 was Jessie's 23rd birthday.  It began at Garden Grille with breakfast with her case worker, Kelly, Debbie and me.  When Ben (the new owner) found out it was her birthday, he sent a huge cinnamon roll, gobs of whipped cream and a candle to the table and Heather and Maria sang, "Happy Birthday", as we joined in for her.  That was such a nice treat.

Debbie, Jessie, and I left for the hotel about 3:00 p.m.  We made ourselves comfortable in our suite then went to the pool, only both the pool and hot tub wasn't warm enough.  It was disappointing, but it was even too cold for Jessie.

Rachel, Diane and Randie came a bit later and we had Jessie's birthday dinner down in the breakfast/dining area.  We had salad, pizza, chips, pop and I made brownies and banana spice bars.  Jane had to work late and came later.

We went up to the room and Jess opened her "ten presents" - times 3 I think.  She had a good time.  Debbie, Di and Randie went home, Rachel and Jess went to bed and Jane and I played Banana Grams.

Saturday morning we had a nice breakfast downstairs, then Jess and Rachel went in the pool, which was much warmer!  Jane and I visited.  We left just before check out at noon.

When Jon got home from his outing with Jacob to the show, he helped Jessie put together two garden boxes so she could have her own vegetable garden, too.  It was her birthday present from him.  I thought that was pretty special.

Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. we had some more friends come over for cake and ice cream, then fireworks at 10:00 p.m.  The bottom picture are the gals that came for dessert.  Once again, the fireworks were wonderful.  We wrapped up in winter coats and blankets and it was a great 25 minutes.  Thanks, Washington Twp. for celebrating Jessie's birthday weekend with fireworks!

Today Jon went to first church and I went to second.  Just as I got home, Chris, Sean and Ashley, with Eric later, came for lunch and an afternoon of games.  Chris picked up KFC and it tasted so good, because we rarely go there.  We played Apples 2 Apples with Jessie, then she went in the house.  Next came Aggravation, Scrabble Slam, Scattergories and Banana Grams. A fun afternoon.

So, right now I'm ready to call it another day and go upstairs.  Jessie is singing "Jesus" songs with her iPad and she only has about 20% battery left so I don't have much time. 

I hope everyone had as much fun this weekend as Jessie did!







No comments:

Post a Comment