Friday, June 14, 2013

We're Back From A 270 Mile Road Trip

Today was our family date day and we went on a road trip.  We left at 8:50 a.m. and returned at 6:30 p.m. 

We ate breakfast at Tim Horton's in Romeo, we drove all the way up Van Dyke to the very end in Port Austin, had a picnic and drove down M25 to Port Huron where we ate dinner at the Cracker Barrel. 


One of our first stops was the Almont Smokehouse where Jess and Memphis sat outside while Jon shopped.  Memphis wore his new vest that says "Jessie's Helper" and I made Jess walk him most of the time.  They're still learning to work with one another.  I think he enjoyed being out with us.  He didn't say.

Our picnic lunch was at a roadside rest stop, as the state park was closed due to water over the road.  It was an interesting lunch.  It was so cold and windy that we were freezing.  I looked at Jess and her nose and eyes were watering it was so cold.  I offered for us to eat in the van, but she was adamant she wanted to eat there.  She put her sweatshirt hood up.  Jon is in the picture above - he's just hiding behind the bag from the wind.  It registered 58 degrees on the van's thermometer when we left.  With the wind, the wind chill was probably in the lower 40's!

It was a nice drive.  Sun shiny and blue skys all the way.  It was especially nice when Jessie was sleeping.  When she was awake, she was constantly talking and asking when she was getting the next meal, snack or pop.  I brought only water and that didn't go over well.  I'm trying to cut down on diet pop but I'm meeting a lot of resistance.  I keep trying. 

I blogged early because I plan on calling it a night any time now.  I'm very tired.  Jon did some driving but I did most of it.  I like to drive.  He doesn't.







No comments:

Post a Comment