Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Doctor's Appointments

Jon went with me today for two appointments. One with my endocrinologist and the other with the orthopedic knee doctor. For the first one, after 6 months of exercise and portion control eating (at least most of the time), I lost 20 pounds, my thyroid is perfect, and my cholesterol came down 20 points!  My AC1 (sugar) stayed the same at 5.9.  If I can get it to 5.7, I can discontinue some medication. That will be great. However, my thyroid nodule grew and I have to have a biopsy.  Bummer. That will NOT be fun. I've had it before and it was a nightmare.

For my second appointment, I had my knee drained again and had a shot of cortisone. Then we scheduled total knee replacement surgery ... For November 8!!!!!!!!!  That's his first opening!  I am disappointed. I wanted to have it done at the end of this month or July. I am on a cancellation list, so you never know.

Debbie took Jessie to the gym and Jess spent over an hour in the pool. She had a great day.  She wore her new bathing suit and I was going to post a picture, but I'm back to having downloading difficulties. Always something to put a glitch into something. Oh, we'll. I'll work on it tomorrow.  Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment