Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

Last night (Monday) when I sat down to blog, it started to thunder and lightning so I decided to shut off the computer and go upstairs.  The thunder and lightening didn't last long, but the rain ... WOW!  When I say it poured, that's an understatement.  I was afraid to look outside this morning in case our yard would have been a lake.  Thankfully, it wasn't.

Debbie returned from a week's vacation in South Carolina and Jess was happy to see her.  Jon and I went to breakfast then to Kohl's.  He had $10.00 in Kohl's bucks and a 30% off coupon.  I, also, had a 30% off coupon.  Can't let those go by without using them - especially on sale or clearance items. 

It was super hot and humid yesterday but I just couldn't take my filthy van's interior any longer, so I got out a small hand vacuum and cleaned it out.  I also kept going and washed it down inside.  Then, I swept out the garage.  I was going to continue, but I ran out of time.  Not to mention I was over exhausted.

My iPhone died.  I used it once in the garage for a text then - nothing!  I sure felt cut off.  Isn't that weird for someone as old as I am? 

Lois came and we had our special time of praying together, dinner, then Jon and I went to church for a training meeting on a new ministry we have started.  We are partnering with Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers.  I will help when and where I can and Jon will be a Parish Nurse.  It's nice that we can be part of a ministry together. 


TUESDAY ... What a day.  I went from one thing to another with no time to spare in between:
     9:30 a.m. ...   Took Memphis to K-9 Kindergarten for a bath
     9:45 ... Radio Shack for a new phone
10:45 ... Dimitri's for a fast breakfast
11:30 ... Had a pedicure
12:45 ... Picked Memphis up - in the torrential rain!
Took him home and left at 1:15 p.m.
2:00 p.m. ... Meeting in Mt. Clemens regarding payroll issues
2:30 ... Left and drove to Filippa's for a luncheon that started at 2
with friends from Shepherd's Gate
Post Office then home by 4:45 p.m.
 
I didn't feel like fixing dinner so Jess and I drove through McDonald's.  I sure made one girl very happy.  I brought Jon home a hamburger and he thought that was great, too!  When in doubt for dinner, McDonald's is your best bet.  You can go there and stay on a diet as well as eat healthy.  Their grilled chicken honey mustard snack wrap and yogurt parfait makes a nice meal.
 
Jess needs to be taken upstairs NOW.  She's jabbered way too long and I'm about to stuff a sock in her mouth!  She'd probably talk with it in her mouth.           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment