Monday, June 10, 2013

Guardianship

In 2008 when Jess turned 18, we applied for and was granted full guardianship.  Every year on June 10, I have to fill out paperwork and have her guardianship papers stamped and "renewed" for another year, although the guardianship is permanent. 

I remember posting last year what a fiasco it was.  When we went to the Mental Health Department where it's been forever, they had moved to the county court house.  We then drove to downtown Mt. Clemens and, unfortunately, I didn't read a parking sign correctly and parked in the wrong spot.  After the papers were signed and stamped, we came back to a parking ticket.  It took us quite awhile to get that straightened out and find out just where to pay it.  That wasn't a good day.

Today Jon went with me to the court house to renew my papers again.  After trying to remember everything we carried that needed to be left in the van, we were scanned through only to find out that the Mental Health Division had moved again!  Back to where it was previously!  I was not happy.  Back to the car in the rain and back up the road to the "old" building on Dunham.  Ok.  So far so good.  We find their office, which was in the same building but in a different location of the building.  Only 2 people were in front of us.  That's good, too!  I get to the window, hand her my paperwork and she asked for the originals.  Which, of course, were home in my safe.  I was definitely NOT happy with myself.  I knew better.  The reason why I go in person is because I don't want to mail the originals!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  So, back to Mt. Clemens I go again as soon as I can.  Not a good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment