Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Over Protective Mother

When we got up this morning it was minus 7 with a wind chill of minus 25.  Brenda and Jessie were scheduled to go to the gym and swim then play in the gym.  I was concerned whether or not to send Jess out in such cold, but both Jon and Brenda assured me that she'd be fine.  There wasn't much skin showing when Jess left as you can see from the picture.  I'm glad I let her go, as she had another great day.  Do Mom's ever stop worrying about their children?  I don't think so, as I remember my mom always being concerned for us kids, not matter how old we were.  She said she prayed every day for us.

Other than medical papers, I completed my 2013 filing.  Now I need to clean out those folders, throw away what can be discarded and keep what needs to be kept. 

I'm pushing myself as I made an Income Tax appointment for a couple weeks from now.  If I have an appointment, I'll get it done.  If not, who knows when it would get done - April?

Thanks to Doreen, while I filed, she cleaned my house.  It smells and looks clean.  Nice job, friend!

Jon went grocery shopping for himself, and also treated us to New York Strip steaks for dinner.  I don't think I have ever had a NY Strip steak before.  What a nice thing to do for us.  Even though it was expensive, we portion out our food and two pieces made 5 meals: $4.00 a person.  Not bad.  Thanks, Jon, it was a special dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment