Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Walking Dead

I am so thankful that one-on-one, Jess is very good and can be trusted to stay put - most of the time.  She was excellent today as I have done nothing but sleep in between getting our meals. Thankfully, my mind does hear Jessie when she gets up and moves about and I know what she's doing.  She's also been laughing a lot today.  Crabby but laughing.

Friday night before I went to the Ladies Social at church, I didn't bring up my left foot high enough to clear the step, caught myself with my right foot hard and slammed into the wall and door.  Immediately, my legs and back were in pain.  When I went to bed that night I took half of a pain pill.  Two and a half hours later I had to take the other half because the pain was so severe.

Last night I was having a hard time walking so Jon encouraged me to take a whole pain pill before bed.  I sat in my chair, read a bit then woke 4 hours later to the lights still on.  I got up and went to bed and slept until 9:00.  I texted Jon: "I won't be taking a 10 anytime soon again.  I could try out for the Walking Dead and get a star role this morning!"  I was totally wiped out and moved extremely slow.  I made Jess and I breakfast, we ate in my bedroom, I closed my eyes and woke at 12:30 !!!!  Jess was in her room with my iPad looking at FB.  I got her ready for the day, we came downstairs, I sat on the couch and fell asleep again!  At 5:00 when I should have been making dinner I closed my eyes again and woke at 6:00.  This is nuts!  And, I'm ready to close my eyes again!  We will be going upstairs early tonight, that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment