Monday, January 20, 2014

Jessie's Happiness

I am so glad that Jessie seems to be so much happier than she has been in months.  I'm not sure why, but it sure is nice.  Right now she's singing Christian (adult) songs from her iPad.  She's repeating most of the words.  It is sweet music to my ears.  She's been very helpful around the house and wanting to help more.  Maybe she's been sick longer than I knew.  Just enough to make her miserable and crabby.  It's always hard to tell when she can't express herself.

Jon and I went to breakfast, bank, Meijer's for gas, I had my blood drawn for my INR, then we shopped a bit at Kohl's.  I had a $25.00 gift card and a 30% off coupon.  Perfect combination.  I enjoyed shopping, but I was super tired when I got home. 

Jon also washed several loads of clothes, as well as put back the Christmas boxes that have been piled in the upstairs hallway and my bedroom.  I also got out about half of my snowmen and decorated.  I really need to go through my stuff one day and start getting rid of a lot.  Because I worked in the school district for 30 years, I was inundated with gifts each holiday.  I don't have many decorations I've purchased myself. I hate to part with many of them, as I remember who gave them to me.  They are sentimental. 

Lois came for dinner and then we had our time of prayer.  I enjoy these nights, and will soon miss her presence when she returns to Haiti.  We all love our "Aunt" Lois a lot.  She's a special lady. 

1 comment:

  1. you have raised a wonderful son who helps you out so much. I'm very glad that Jess is feeling much better and hope that you are also/. Becky

    ReplyDelete