Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friday and Saturday

I would have blogged last night but Comcast wasn't working - no phones, no internet, no tv.  That doesn't happen very often, but with the winds we had last night, I an surprised we still had power.  There was even snow thunder last night around 8:15 p.m.

I began yesterday with a trip to the knee doctor.  For his part, all is going well.  Now I just need the rest of my body to cooperate and things will be much better.  Jon went with me and I treated him to an Applebee's lunch in thanks for taking me.  

We had a Ladies Social last night at church and I was very concerned about going out because the weather was so bad.  I knew that if Bill were here, he would not have been pleased that I went.  However, when you're half of the committee and leading devotions, your presence is required. There were almost 40 women who came out to play games and eat snacks.  Everyone seemed to have a great time!  It just proves to me that women are craving a time of fun and fellowship with other women, and cold, windy weather isn't going to stop them from a special evening. 

Today the Stephen Ministry Ladies (those that could) met at the Hamlin Pub for lunch.  There were 8 of us today.  They have a small side room right off the front door which is so nice for us.  It was a special outing for those of us who came.

When I got home I was super tired and frozen so I heated up my rice packs and put a couple on, put my eye covers on and slept for 2 1/2 hours!  I'm ready to call it a day, but Jess is still doing her beads.

Yesterday Jessie and Debbie went out to breakfast and made a few stops.  They stayed home the rest of the day.  Today Rachael came to be with Jessie so I could go to the luncheon.  They made brownies and were busy beavers.  They didn't go anywhere either because the weather wasn't great again.  The north and south roads were OK, but not the east and west.  They were pretty bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment