Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Very Busy Day

I had a Stephen Ministry Leaders' Meeting this morning followed by a physical exam at the doctor's office, required by my insurance.  I had lunch by myself at Benny's, which just reopened yesterday after 6 months of cleaning because of a kitchen fire.  I came home and the house was so quiet.  I sat in my chair upstairs, closed my eyes and listened to the quiet house.  That was so nice ... until,  I heard the next door lady come home with her grand kids and was yelling at them.  Next the garbage truck came barreling down the street, slamming on brakes when they reached the next garbage containers.  Not to mention the bang caused by the canisters being dumped.  Oh, well.  A few minutes of quiet was nice.

Brenda and Jess went to the Rec. Center and went swimming.  Lunch at Subway then shopping.  Jon and Lois had a date afternoon.  They went to see "Non-Stop" then had a very nice lunch at Uno Chicago Grill.  When they arrived back home Lois and I had our last prayer time together for awhile as she leaves for Haiti on Saturday morning.  It was hard not to cry as we hugged good bye. 

I told Jessie that when spring gets here and there's no snow on the ground, she'll be picking up dog poop for a week.  She immediately responded:  "OH, DEAR!"  Well, she won't be doing it anytime soon as we are expecting many inches of snow tonight and through tomorrow afternoon.  We'll see how accurate the weather forecasters are this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment