Thursday, March 6, 2014

Jessie's Moment With Bill

Brenda and Jess went grocery shopping, McDonald's for lunch, bowling and stopped at several stores for other necessary things.  While they were in the medical supply place in Romeo, Brenda was talking with a friend when she realized that Jessie noticed a hospital bed with a chair close to it.  Jess left her side and went to get the chair, put it next to the bed, sat down on it, put her hand on the bed and seemed to be carrying on a conversation.  Brenda said that she couldn't understand what she said, but she was clearly talking to someone. 

I was shocked when she told me this story.  I started to cry and told her that there is a story behind her actions and I went upstairs and got a picture that I had to put away because it has been too hard to look at.  Both Jessie and I would sit next to Bill's bed and just hold his hand when he wasn't feeling well.  Just so that we could be near him and let him know we cared.  Below is the picture I took of Jess and Bill on January 18, 2012:


Brenda stared at the picture and said that Jessie put the chair exactly as it is in the picture.  I wonder if she was talking to her daddy today.  Maybe telling him how much she misses him?  She's been talking about Bill every day now for quite some time. (Saturday will be the 2nd year anniversary of his death.)  As soon as she got home this afternoon she put on home videos and we've been watching Bill for hours.  Sometimes it's good for me to see and hear him.  Most of the time it just reminds me of his forever absence from this earth.  That's hard.

1 comment:

  1. I have all ideas that Jess was talking to her daddy and I think that is pretty awesome. I wish that we had video's with Jimmy on them - but when he died in 2000 everyone didn't have video cameras. I know tomorrow will be a hard day - I will be thinking about you. Becky

    ReplyDelete