Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dear Bill:

Today's your anniversary.  You've been in Heaven now for 2 years.  It's been a very long 2 years for the kids and me, but since there is no time in Heaven, it's just been ... well, ... short I guess.  I know that you are having a great time being in the presence of Jesus, your Dad, Larry, and all the others you have known that have gone ahead. 

We are doing fine.  Just as we shared with each other before you died, we knew that the same God that got you through your cancer would get the kids and I through life without you.  He's been faithful, but life is not the same.  You are GREATLY missed.

Jessie talks about you all the time.  She puts on home videos and we see and hear you quite often.  Sometimes if I close my eyes I imagine you're in the room.  Other times it magnifies my loss and the tears flow and my heart hurts. 

I don't know if you can watch us or even if you have "time", but I believe you'd be pleased at how well we have done.  Your son is an awesome young man.  He's taken on a lot of responsibility.  You'd be so pleased and impressed with the garden that he made last year.  He dedicated it to you. 

What do I miss the most about you?  I miss your presence.  I miss your intelligence and your humor.  Because you were quiet, not many people knew that you had a wonderful sense of humor.  You loved to laugh and have a good time.  I miss our daily hugs and kisses.  I miss hearing you say, "I Love You."  To put it in just a few short words, I just MISS YOU.  You were truly my knight in shining armor (even though you kept saying you were beginning to tarnish), and this damsel still loves you with her whole heart, and always will.   

Forever and Always,
Love,
Nan

PS  If you get a chance, tell my Mom HI for me.  The kids and I miss her a lot, too.  I keep telling Jessie that she is running and playing ball with Jake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment