Sunday, March 16, 2014

Saturday and Sunday

This morning while I was eating breakfast I began to wonder if I blogged last night.  I remembered being on the computer doing payroll and mail, but couldn't recall any words that I might have typed.  Sometimes I wonder about myself.  Apparently I did not, so now you're stuck with two days of reading:

Yesterday Rachel came and watched Jessie while Jon and I went out to the post office, breakfast, the bank, Home Depot, Penney's at Lakeside and Kee's Pets.  Rachel and Jessie met Jane for lunch at their usual Saturday lunch place:  Ocean Breeze.  Then they went to the Used Book Store. 

Today Jon went to the first service and I just made it to the second.  It was very good today.  My Thursday's Bible Study is by Priscilla Shier (Tony Evans' daughter) and the topic is Gideon.  Pastor Mick began a 4-week series on King David.  Gideon was met by God in a wine press and David was brought out from watching the sheep to be anointed as King.  People look at each other and determine what kind of person he/she is by their looks and maybe their profession, but I am thankful that God looks upon the heart.  Even though I am 61 years old, I know that God is calling me to do something special for Him.  I still have enough life in me to give to Him to accomplish His calling.

Jon, Jess and I went to the Hamlin Pub for a fish and chip lunch.  They have great food and usually not too many kids.  Unfortunately, there was a squealer at a gathering in their banquet room and the dad kept bringing him out to the bar/eating area.  Jess got a little up tight.  Plus, workers were going in and out putting up a huge tent on the side of the building for tomorrow's celebration.  They even open at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow.  I can't imagine a bar opening at 7 in the morning for ... what ... green eggs and ham?  Green orange juice?  What ever it will be, we will not be anywhere near that place tomorrow.

As soon as we got home Jon got me set in his room and I watched a movie he taped for me.  That was a nice change.  Then I came down to be with Jess while he went up. I read until it got too dark to read when Jess remembered she hadn't had dinner.  Since it was after 8:00 she just had a bowl of cereal and I ate an English muffin with PB.

The past 2 days have been very nice.  Oh, and I also got an e-mail from Lois that she arrived in Port-au-Prince safe and sound and her luggage arrived with her.  Today's e-mail said that the roosters and dogs woke her at 4:00 a.m.   She will fly home to La Pointe on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment