Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy 3rd Heaven Anniversary, Mom







 
 
Three years, Mom!  I don't know where the time has gone.  I just wanted you to know how much you are missed.  You were such a beautiful woman and as you got older, the kids thought you looked like Queen Elizabeth.  Jessie still says "Queen" when she mentions you!
 
I miss the fact that you were adventuresome.  You were always game for doing most things at least once.  You always gave it your best. 
 
As life drew closer to the end, you were in a lot of back pain, yet you tried not to let it stop you from going out and doing things.  Especially shopping.  I miss shopping with you, because I liked to spend YOUR money and you always let me!  To a certain extent, that is. 
 
I miss our nightly phone calls.  I still come home from somewhere or when something happens,  I think: "Oh, I've got to tell Mom that!"  Even Jon shared with me the other day how he does the same thing: wanting to call you up and tell you something.  Knowing we can't do that any more hurts.
 
It's been said that everyone in Heaven is in their prime - 20's - 30's.  If so, you probably look like one of the pictures above.  The one by the water on vacation somewhere, or with you and dad holding me on your lap.  (The top left picture is Mom's high school graduation picture.)  However you look, I know you're having an awesome time.  I keep telling Jessie that you are RUNNING with Jake and playing ball with him.  No more back pain.  I imagine you must just love seeing and hearing again, too.  And, being able to smell.  Those senses you lost here on earth are yours to enjoy forever!  
 
Wish you were still here, but I know that you wouldn't want to be.  Until we are together again, throw a ball at Jake for me, too!  Love you, Mom, and miss you very much!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nancy- that was such a very nice post. I love the picture of Jesse with her arm around her. And she did look like Queen Elizabeth. You were blessed to have her and she was blessed to have you all

    ReplyDelete