Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Morning Out With Jon

Jon had a doctor's appointment at 10:00 a.m. and I went with him.  It was to the oncologist's office. The same doctor's office that Bill went to for his cancer treatments.  I couldn't bring myself to go with Jon the first time he went because of all the memories.  (What a wimp!)  This was his 3rd visit and I knew he really wanted me to go with him.  It is emotionally difficult for Jon, too, as his blood pressure was super high when we got there.  However, all blood work that was "off" has come back to normal range, so things look good.  Praise God!  The "bad" blood counts were probably due to medication he had been taking for several years.

I held up really well in the office until the doctor started talking to Jon (who understood all she was saying) about certain diseases and I was confused and thought he had a cancer diagnosis and almost couldn't breathe.  I questioned her and she assured me that was not the case.  Jon was better when we left the office but I felt pretty depressed for about an hour afterwards.

We went to Romeo and purchased some corn to can and I got some beautiful peach colored gladiolas for the dining room table.  Jon purchased other peach items as a treat and then we had a sub for lunch. When we got home I rested for a couple hours until Jessie got home and Brenda left.

Jessie was excited that she was able to go swimming again today.  They also tried tennis in the gym, but Brenda calls it:  "Brenda fetches the ball!". 

1 comment:

  1. so glad that Jon does NOT have a cancer DX. I understand about the oncologist office - have not been in one since Jimmy died but to this day I have a very difficult time going to the hospital as it seems like that was the beginning of the journey. So glad your arm is doing better

    ReplyDelete