Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stand Hoppin'

Jon went to church this morning, but came home still not feeling well before service began.  He'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow.  I went to second service and it was a very powerful and moving service.

The kids and I went to the Family Time Restaurant for lunch only to walk out since there was a wait. We went to Times Square where there were only 6 others in the place.  That was perfect for Jessie. From there we drove around the new nursing home that will be opening in Romeo later this fall.  It's huge!  I was amazed.  Then we went to Verellen's for cider and donuts, only they didn't have cider. We bought apples instead.  Back up to Van's Valley and bought more corn, cider and Jess insisted on buying a pumpkin so she can paint it with Brenda.  (Wait til Brenda finds out about that!).  We also went to Goike's and bought a huge head of broccoli and 3 little pumpkins to decorate with.  Their brussel sprouts that Jon wanted aren't ready yet.  With the cold this week we think everything should be ready but it's not. Just too early in the fall yet.

Speaking of cold, I turned the heat on.  It was 62 degrees in the house this morning.  Way too cold even for me.

The kids and I spent the rest of the day doing whatever.  Jon cooked up a couple cow hearts.  Jess watched videos on her iPad and now she's coloring.  I took a nap.  My favorite thing to do on a cold day.  Any day actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment