Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Meeting New People

I had PT this morning and when I was finished I really needed some pain medication.  Debbie and Jessie drove me and picked me back up.  At noon Jess and I had hair cut appointments.  Then we met a friend of Debbie's and her brother, who has Down Syndrome.  We met at Younger's for their $1.00 hamburger lunch.  They beat us there and got a nice table.

However, as soon as Jessie saw that we were sitting with people she did not know, she REFUSED to sit with us.  Yelling and hollering made it much worse.  We had told her ahead of time who these people were, but she panicked for some reason.  We finally got her to sit at a table next to ours and she ate by herself.  We included her in the conversation as much as we could, but I would have liked her to have sat with us.  It might have been different if we had gotten there first and she sat between Debbie and me, but you never know.

I worked on SM stuff the rest of the afternoon, then I had a SM Facilitator's meeting at 6:30 p.m.  I was able to eat dinner with Jon when he got home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment