Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday - what a busy day!  It began with PT at 9:45, lunch with Chris then Jon and I began to can 50 ears of corn!  Fifty HUGE ears of corn. We canned 20 pints and froze 21 cups.

Roxanne had given us some tomatoes, herbs and kale.  With the kale I made "kale chips".  Jon liked them.  Jess put a piece in her mouth, took it out, looked at it, put it back in her mouth but wasn't sure what to do with it.  That was funny. I'm not crazy about the flavor. You toss the kale with olive oil and sprinkle seasoned salt on them, then bake till they are crisp. I will try them again only add sea salt instead.

We had hot dogs and beans for dinner and then I had Stephen Ministry.  Our Continuing Ed began again for another year.  When I left for church I could barely walk.  I had over done it being on my feet for so long.  When I got home I just went upstairs and got ready for bed - I was sooo tired.
Today I was "home alone".  Just Memphis and I around the house.  I kept busy all day doing wash and paperwork.  I listened to praise music and sang along.  The quiet was shattered, however, when Jessie arrived home.  She talked or yelled for several hours.  At one point she screamed "MOM!" as if the house were on fire.  I calmly replied, "Yes, Jessie."  She said, quietly, "HI!"

She is currently fixated on Halloween.  It's going to be a very long month and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment