Monday, September 8, 2014

Peter Piper Picked A Peck Of Pickled Peppers

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Last night when Jess was supposed to be settling down with her iPad before bed, I heard her trying to rattle off something fast.  Finally I realized it was the above saying, as she tried to mimic a couple teens on Utube.  I went over to her, took away the iPad, and rattled it off myself.  You should have seen her face!  Surprise that I knew it, then surprise that I said it fast, too!  She tried to repeat after me and ended up laughing so hard she could barely breathe!  That was so funny.  Not exactly a good way to calm someone down before bed.  We both laughed and laughed.

Today when she started to act up, I stared at her and began the saying again.  She stopped her complaining and tried to say it, too, which made her forget being ornery.  What ever works, I say!

Debbie and Jessie took me to the post office, the bank, we ate lunch at McDonald's, then they dropped me off at PT.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since surgery, so I won't have to use the immobilizer beginning Wednesday.  I called the surgeon's office today and they said I could begin driving, too.  Woo Hoo !!!!!  It really has been a fast 4 weeks.  I am still very limited with arm use, though.  I've got PT dates through October!

No comments:

Post a Comment