Friday, September 26, 2014

A Sleepless Night

I RARELY EVER have difficulty sleeping.  Last night was the exception.  I'm sure I slept but I felt like I was awake all night.  I was fighting bad dreams, thoughts, rebuking Satan, asking God to help me understand Jessie so I can help her.  My back hurt, my neck hurt, my shoulder hurt and my head hurt.  The chair didn't help and the bed was painful.  I was miserable.  I couldn't wait until it was time to get up.

One thought did come to me about Jessie, though.  People with Down Syndrome have difficulty with time.  Something that happened years ago could be playing out in Jessie's mind and she could be reacting to it.  Like grief.  It dawned on me that she has been talking about Daddy alot lately and that she's been saying, "Daddy, new home, Heaven, Jesus!" alot lately.  Maybe she's grieving again and being nasty is the only way she knows how to deal with it. That's what I came up with during my sleepless night.

I went to breakfast with Debbie and Jessie then went to PT.  I dehydrated corn this afternoon.  I also began cleaning and organizing the garage.  I worked for about 15 minutes to a half hour then rested. My stamina is not the best yet and I still can't lift anything with my right arm.  I should finish tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What do you do with dehydrated corn?? In my mind I am seeing single kernels??

    ReplyDelete