Sunday, September 7, 2014

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

FRIDAY ... I had PT at 10:00 a.m. and was worked tooooo hard, if I do say so myself.  I guess that's why Jon calls PT pain and torture. However, after having the shoulder iced for 10 minutes I wasn't in any pain.  So, I guess that's good.

Jon took me and picked me back up.  When we got home we got busy and made Italian Sauce and Jon canned 10 pints for us.  I've seen enough and peeled enough tomatoes for one.year. However, we still have half a box of Romas to take care of.  Maybe we'll make goulash starter.
Jon and Jessie took me to Chris' work and from there we went to Richmond to see Bill and Larry's Uncle Jack and Aunt Betty (they live in Arizona). Uncle Jack treated all of us to dinner and to celebrate Aunt Etta's 99th birthday, which will be September 18.  She is Grandma Sutton's sister, as well as Aunt Etta.  We had a nice time, except that storms were coming and we had to cut it short. 

As we went outside to leave the restaurant, it began to rain - torrential rains - and Aunt Etta was only half-way to the van. (She's extremely slow, but at least she still walks!)  Joyce and Chris got her covered with an umbrella, but they both were drenched!  As we left, we drove right into it. That was NOT fun.  I do NOT do storms, especially driving in them.  It was still storming when we got home, with more on the way, so Chris spent the night, that is after we put her clothes in the dryer!

SATURDAY ... Jon worked and it was just Jess and me.  She spent the day helping me do various jobs.  She emptied the dish washer, she put wet clothes from the washer into the dryer and then took out the dry clothes and carried the basket to the living room.  She folded towels.  She set the table. She was a huge help to me.  She does WONDERFUL one-on-one.  Well, maybe lower case wonderful.  I also did quite a few hours of paperwork. Unfortunately, by evening, for some reason, I had to take a strong pain killer, as my entire arm hurt.  First time since I had surgery.  Not sure why. Upstairs by 8:00 p.m.

SUNDAY ... Jon worked again.  He's had two hard days.  Tonight he said, "What can I expect?  It's a full moon! Or close to it!"  I've done paperwork again most of the afternoon.  Jessie and I had our own church service in the morning and the weather was so nice I ate my meals outside and sat down on the couch on the deck and took a nap. I even got to start a new book, something I've missed doing in the past couple of weeks.  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment