Monday, November 24, 2014

A Day With Jessie

This morning before we came downstairs for breakfast:
Me:   Jessie - will you help me make the bed?
Jessie (running down hallway to her room): NO
Me:   Jessie!  You slept in it!
Jessie:  I know, Mom!  (Slamming her bedroom door.)


Debbie and her family are in California for the week - their annual Thanksgiving week vacation. Jess and I drove through McDonald's for a sausage McMuffin breakfast and ate in the van. Walgreen's and the post office were next. We were going to go to lunch, but we were expecting (and did get) high winds this afternoon. I didn't want to be out in that. They were pretty scary winds today, and they continue. Lots of thuds on the roof where I assume branches broke off and fell.


Jessie's major job every other day or so is to empty the dishwasher of the clean dishes. She does a really good job and doesn't want anyone to help her with it. I was in the kitchen with her as she was doing this today. One of the glasses had water on top. What did she do? She took her shirt and wiped the top of the glass with her shirt. I've NEVER seen her do that before. Interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment