Thursday, November 6, 2014

Aunt Etta

Bill's cousin Carol called me last night while I was at SM to let me know that Aunt Etta, Grandma Sutton's sister, passed away a few hours earlier. She passed away peacefully sitting in her chair in her room.

Aunt Etta was 99 years old. The first picture was taken in 2010 and the second picture was taken in May of this year. Uncle Jack and Aunt Betty (the last sibling) was here in September and we gathered for a birthday party at a restaurant for Aunt Etta. She will be missed.

I went to Bible Study then came home and worked around the house. I had it all to myself. It was quiet and peaceful. That ended at 4:00 when Brenda brought Jessie home from grocery shopping, the Gym and McDonald's.

When Jon got home from work tonight he asked me if Jessie talked about Dad today. Apparently when Jessie was in her bedroom last night Jon could hear her talking:  "Jesus, Heaven, Heart, Daddy, OK."

Before Brenda left she said that Jessie talked about her daddy all day long and was very wound up. She went to bed early tonight, too. Still aggitated.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for her.

People who have Down Syndrome typically have difficulty with time. Events that happened in their lives years earlier may all of a sudden be like it was just a few hours ago to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment