Monday, November 3, 2014

Racing Against The Clock

Last night I set my alarm for 7:45 this morning and I don't remember shutting it off.  I woke at 8:15 and I had to be out of the house by 8:50, along with Jessie.  Talk about racing against the clock!  I had a meeting at 9:00 and Debbie picked up Jessie there, then they went to Panera Bread for a bagel. Debbie needed to leave early and we usually go to McDonald's for a grilled chicken snack wrap on Monday's for lunch. I worked on the computer for a bit then noticed that it was getting late so I'm rushing around trying to get Jessie out the door so we can go to McDonald's and be back on time for Debbie to leave.  I thought it was 1:00 and Debbie had to leave at 2.  Rush, rush, rush.  We made it to McDonald's, I sat down, then looked at my watch - it was an hour earlier than I thought!  I had not set the clocks in the family room at home. Talk about feeling stupid!

I worked outside for about a half hour before PT, but had to cut PT short because my back hurt from working outside.  I can't win.

Tonight the "Glory Girls" met at Caroline's house to celebrate Pat's birthday. Thanks so much, Caroline, for hosting and for the delicious chicken. It was a great evening. Lots of laughter. I'm so blessed to have such good friends. Thank you, Jesus, for friendships. You knew we needed one another for encouragement and fun times. I'm blessed.

Well, now I have to "rush" upstairs and do my homework for Bible Study and get Jessie settled down and try to get her to go to sleep.  She was up again this morning around 7:00.

Something I learned from Bible Study last week: when we refer to time, we're always talking about running out of time, never having enough time or lost time. The Bible speaks of time as a future event. Such as "at just the right time", or "for such a time as this", or the foretelling of Christ's return: "This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels." (2 Thess. 1:7b)  I thought this was an interesting concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment