Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Funeral and Applesauce

Aunt Etta's funeral was this morning at 11:00 but I arrived there around 10:15 a.m.  There were about 30 people in attendance. We went to the golf course north of Capac for the funeral dinner.  It was really good.  Chris, the boys and I have eaten there before and their food is delicious.

I got home about 2:30 and by 3:15 I had a chicken dinner in the crock pot and Jon and I turned a bushel of apples into applesauce. We canned 7 quarts, froze a container, ate some for dinner and there's some in the fridge for later. I've never had so many dishes drying on the counter as I have tonight. I usually clean up as we go along, but there wasn't time.  I have wrinkled hands.  BUT, alot was accomplished.  

Jessie began screaming at me a few minutes ago. I told her my back hurt and she didn't like that. I told her if she didn't stop yelling at me I'd take away the iPad. She got really ticked and went upstairs. Oh, well! I hope she falls asleep early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment