Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving's Post

I finally called Comcast tonight and I now have internet and e-mail on my computer. Well, at least tonight I do. Here's Thanksgiving's post a day late ...

Julie, Kylee and Lynzee came for the day. Jon fixed the Cornish hens and we did a couple winter crafts. Then when the hens were almost done we all converged in the kitchen, fell over one another and all worked together to get the rest of the meal cooked and ready to eat. It was a delicious meal. I haven't eaten that much at one time in over 5 weeks (the time I've been on Weight Watcher's). It definitely did not make me feel good. I'm glad I don't eat like that anymore.

Jessie thoroughly enjoyed her entire meal. I cut the legs off the hen for her but she didn't want me to cut anymore off. She picked that thing clean. She'd get a bone, eat all the meat and throw the bone in a dish. Julie sat across from her and kept laughing. If Jessie took a breath, we didn't see it. She was even too busy eating to give a 1 or 2 thumbs up! She got the clean plate award at the end of the meal!

The picture on the left was taken after the meal, while we took a half hour in the kitchen to clean up before dessert. Jess sat there the entire time. She wasn't about to get up without her pumpkin ice cream pie. She only gets it twice a year - Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's her favorite.

While dessert was settling, we decorated gingerbread cookies. It was supposed to be for a gingerbread train, but it was too complicated for so many of us. (Jess ate hers today - Friday - and kept saying "MMMMMMM"  "MMMMMMM".

In all, it was a very nice Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment