Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

Rachel is home for Thanksgiving, so she worked today and she and Jessie did alot of reading, crafts and book work. Even though today was Breakfast Out Day, Rachel didn't want to take Jessie because of the crowds and Jessie, for some reason, didn't want to go either. Breakfast and lunch were at home.


Jon and I went to Diane and Randie's house and helped them put up their Christmas Village. What took them normally 3 hours was finished in half that time. We all had a good time, too. 

We went to El Charro's for lunch. We had a debate whether or not the one we went to today was the original. I said it wasn't because I remember going to a "hole in the wall" restaurant back in high school. I was partially right. The one we went to today off 14 Mile near Utica Road opened in the 1990's. The one I remember opened in 1971, so it was after graduation. Why my girlfriends and I went all the way down to El Charro's I'll never know. Or how we even knew about it. I guess that mystery won't be cleared up until I talk to my girlfriend, JoAnne, who remembers everything. She'll remember! 

When we got home Jon put up the tree in the family room. Wouldn't you know it? Some of the lights are out. We finally get a beautiful tree, in 3 sections, complete with lights and one group goes out. Right in the middle of the tree. Same thing as the tree in the living room. Guess we'll have to string a set of lights on it. 

I hope every one had a memorable Thanksgiving and a good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment