Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve

Jon worked today, Christmas Day, so we celebrated yesterday, just the 3 of us. Before we went to bed Jon and I put our presents under the tree.

Because we had told Jessie we would open presents in the afternoon, she wasn't ready to come downstairs in eager anticipation to open gifts. We told her we were going to go out to breakfast, but Jon and I knew she would want to open presents first. We got dressed and made our way downstairs and Jessie was excited to see all the presents. She sat right down on the floor ready to dive into all the boxes. We asked her if she wanted to go out to breakfast first or open presents first. Unbelievably,she chose going out to breakfast first! Both Jon and I were stunned. So, that's what we did.

Unfortunately, when I went to bed last night something cracked in my hip and I was in extreme pain. I slept all night in the chair. Walking this morning was not good so I had to use the walker. I'm so glad Jon was home - he helped me alot.

When we finished our breakfast at Benny's and wished our 2 favorite waitresses (Heather and Mattie) a Merry Christmas, we came home and opened presents. Jess did get her "ten presents" - several times over.

After presents we put the duck in the oven, I took a heavy pain pill and sat down and watched a Christmas movie. In fact, I watched another one later in the evening, too. Jon's duck was excellent. I made a corn casserole and we had left overs from yesterday. In all, it was a very nice day despite my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment