Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another Year Comes To A Close

Internet seems to work in the morning or afternoon so I'm blogging now instead of just before I go upstairs ...

Sunday, December 28 - Sue came to watch Jessie while I went to church. After a great sermon by Pastor Ed about suffering, we had a special healing service. I went forward for anointing and healing for my back and hip. I trust God to heal me in the way that would bring Him the most glory. Being anointed or praying for a healing requires faith and God's will. I remember one time I took my mom forward for an anointing. I was going to go, too, but they thought I was coming to help my mom and bypassed me. Mom wasn't healed, but I was! I don't remember today what I had hoped to be healed from, only that I was. Chris came in the late afternoon and we visited while Jessie occupied herself with her iPad.

Monday, December 29 - Jess and I slept in then left for a late breakfast at the Country Inn for crispy french toast. We stopped at Wiegand's then went to the Comcast center (I needed a multi-stream cable card) where I got a very close parking spot up by the door.  However, when I entered, I was #39 and they hadn't even reached #1 yet. There had to be at least 50 people in this place with only about 10 spots to sit. To me, this was unacceptable. We left. On to Barnes and Noble for an in the door, buy and out the door visit. Walgreen's and the post office were last before we came home. Jess was pretty good with all our stops, but once we got home talked non-stop for about 3 hours.

Tuesday, December 30 - Jon, Jess and I had doctor's appointments in the morning. I told them we were there for the "family plan". Jon came home and Jess and I had hair appointments at noon. When we finished we called Jon and met him at Wendy's for lunch (our dinner).

Wednesday, December 31 - This brings us to today ... New Year's Eve. I started out with high hopes but having to supervise Jess all day gives me a non-productive day. She's been on my case since the day after Christmas to get her tree down so she could make "a mess again!" in her room. I needed Jon's help to get the rubbermaids out of my closet. In the mean time we dealt with a Comcast contractor coming out to run a new cable and not bringing the card we needed. That put me on the phone for over a half hour to Comcast. I'm still on November's record keeping for Jessie's stuff and I got about 15 minutes done today. Jon's working on his model ship and a tiny piece (they are all tiny!) flew across the room into carpet the same color as the piece. That didn't go over well. I was going to make scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner but chucked that idea and we went to Benny's! Unfortunately, after we were seated, the next group came in and had 3 youngsters and a toddler. We had to move. Jessie about lost it and she's been hollering ever since she got home. I need earplugs!

Thank you, Becky, for your very nice comment! That was very special! Blessings to you and your family, too. I've appreciated your comments these past years.

Tonight at midnight, the calendars roll over. Another year behind - another year ahead. Whether we are ready or not. New Year's resolutions will be made and most like broken before the week is out. I don't make any, but if I did, my one resolution would be to spend more quality time with God. That's all that is important, anyway, isn't it? Our relationship with God and His Son, Jesus.

May each one of you find the peace in 2015 that can come only from knowing Jesus Christ personally.




No comments:

Post a Comment