Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Decorating Has Begun

Shepherd's Gate had a very nice Ladies Breakfast and an Advent message from Beth Moore this morning. It was nice getting back with those ladies since out Bible Study ended several weeks ago and the new one doesn't start until the middle of January. There had to be at least 250-300 women in attendance. The message was wonderful and thought provoking.

Doreen and Shiloh came this afternoon and Doreen helped me get almost all the Christmas decorations down stairs. We used my stair chair. Then Doreen put more lights on my tree, the gold bead garland and Shiloh and I opened all the boxes of ornaments that I wanted on the tree.

This year's tree is very different. Last year it held all of Jessie's ornaments. This year it has all my mom's (plus the ones that I have bought each year since she passed away) "doll house" Hallmark ornaments on it (so far) and soon I will put all her old glass ornaments on. I really like it. I will post a picture of it when it's completed.

When Jessie got home with Brenda this afternoon she talked and talked and talked. She's still talking. It's no wonder she complains that her throat hurts. Mine would hurt, too, if I talked that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment