Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thanks, Jon!

Jon stayed home today and watched Jessie for me while I was gone most of the day. I had to go to the bank, post office, dollar store and a friend's house who was having an Open House with crafts, etc. When I got home I had just enough time to change clothes, pack the van and pick up Marilyn and go to the Stephen Ministry Christmas Celebration. It was very nice - we had a room all to ourselves and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I was especially glad since I took the responsibility to arrange the day and prepare for it. Marilyn helped me with gifts, favors and table decorations. When I got home, I changed clothes and the 3 of us went out to dinner. I wasn't hungry, so I brought most of it home for tomorrow, and we always take half of Jessie's meal away before she eats it. She'll have it for lunch tomorrow.

I have to tell you a couple things that happened last night - I was downstairs at the computer and both kids were in bed. I heard a loud bang from my room and thought Jessie had thrown something on the floor. However, immediately, she began yelling, "HEY!"  HEY!  HEY!" The hey's got louder and louder so I figured I had better go see what was up. I get to my bedroom and she keeps saying, "HEY!" but this time points to the closet. A pile of Christmas books and DVD's had fallen over. It was just so funny since she wouldn't say anything to me buy "HEY!"

Then this morning she went running down the hallway yelling "WOW"  "WOW"  "WOW"!  That was a little harder to figure out. She laid down at the top of the stairs and kept saying "WOW!" I finally figured out she wanted Christmas morning to be THIS morning. She was NOT happy when I told her it was still a couple weeks away! It's going to be a L-O-N-G time til Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment