Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Sunday and Monday

Jon had yesterday off and it's been over 3 years since I've sat with a family member during a church service. Sue came early and I met Jon at church. It was sooooo nice sitting with my son. I know that may sound strange to some of you, but church has been a part of my entire life and we always sat together as a family. Church was really nice and then we had communion. It couldn't have been nicer.

When we got home, I spent the rest of the day wrapping presents. I thought I was finished, but I got another present in the mail today that's for Jessie so it will have to be wrapped. Jessie came upstairs later and she handed me scotch tape for the presents she has for Diane and Randie and Jon.

Our friends, Al and Caroline, invited the 3 of us to dinner last night! Jessie did NOT want to go, but I talked to her about it all day long. She went without a meltdown and she was very good. She's been there before, so I knew she would be pretty good. We took her iPad and that kept her occupied before and after dinner, which was excellent!

At one point it got too quiet in the living room (we were talking around the kitchen table) I looked and noticed that Jessie was on her tummy, eyeing the presents that were for their family. She pulled several of them out of the pile and when I asked her what she was doing and she told me that she was taking them home and putting them under our tree. This girl does love her presents! And everyone elses!

Today I had some last minute running around to do. Remember the ketchup we needed? I stopped at Walgreen's thinking I'd buy a bottle there, but walked out when the only bottle on the shelf was over $4.00!!! I ended up at Kroger's where I could have purchased 3 for that price. The parking lot was packed and so was the store, except I got right in line and didn't have to wait. My only wait was at the post office, and just because I had a package that wouldn't fit in our mailbox.

Brenda came by after dinner and exchanged gifts with Jessie. I have some great pictures that I'll have to post later. Doreen and Shiloh are coming for breakfast (and bringing it!) and Diane and Randie are coming at 1:30 for our Christmas dinner and presents. I think I need to go to bed - like now.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, Jon & Jessie- I wanted to wish you a very blessed Merry Christmas. God is so good to all of us. Jessie - I hope you get everything you want from Santa as you are a very good young lady. Becky

    ReplyDelete