Thursday, February 23, 2012

Come On!

I think that Debbie has made it on Jessie's list.  Debbie and Jess were in the bathroom and when Jess was finished she ran down the hall even before Debbie could get things squared away.  Jess ran to her room and yelled: "Come On!"  Jess had a better attitude today and seemed to have fun.   Now, if I can just get her from squealing in the middle of the night, saying she's scared and coming in to bed with me.  After about 3 times of putting her back to bed I'm too tired to argue and let her sleep with me.  I guess if it gives her comfort during this time it's alright. 

The Hospice Chaplain visited Bill and also spent time with Jess and me.  She asked how I was doing and I said I think I'm doing basically OK.  Then later on in the afternoon I had this sense of deep grief roll over me and I spent the evening close to tears then I did cry.  This is just so hard.  There isn't anything I can count on.  Each day is different and harder.  There's no stability in my life right now.  I don't know what an afternoon will bring, much less the next day. 

However, there IS one constant in my life, and that is Jesus Christ.  He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He is my rock and my refuge.  He never changes and I can count on Him to get me through each moment.  I cry out to Him and He hears me and answers me.  I am beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment