Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Definitely Not A Good Day

When I got Bill up this morning at 3:00 a.m. for his meds, he was doing well.  At 6:10 a.m. I heard a thud, a cane fall and Bill calling my name.  Jon made it to the bathroom door before I did, yet he doesn't remember hearing anything or that he ran down the hall.  Bill was very disoriented, weak and had taken a bad fall.  We got him back up and back to bed, and after determining that nothing was broken, I called Hospice to let them know and a nurse arrived around 8:00 a.m. to check him over.

After the nurse left Bill decided to try the bathroom again, only to discover that he was unable to bear any weight on one leg.  It kept buckling.  So, as of right now, he's unable to walk.  I brought up the wheelchair to help move him from here to there, and he spent the entire day asleep in the chair.  It was my mom's lift chair and it sure is coming in handy. 

I've been very emotional all day and my brain went on vacation again.  Jessie has also been very upset.  She's been crying for Shannon and even took several naps this morning, which is rare.  I am thankful to God that he sent Rox, Chris K, the Hospice Chaplain and Di and Randie to spend time with me, and Lynn for bringing a dinner.  And my wonderful son who bought me a carry-out breakfast, did banking for me and gave me many hugs.  I sure did need the hugs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment