Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Looking Back Over The Day

It's a little later than I normally blog, but I spent extra time with Bill on the couch watching tv and holding his hand.  He was pretty alert the last couple hours before he went to bed.  Prior to that he'd been asleep in the chair.  The Hospice Nurse came today and confirmed what we had already figured out: Bill is failing.  She's seen a huge change in him in the past week since she went on vacation.  I already miss my Willie. 

I didn't sleep much last night because of some changes in Bill's sleeping pattern and just being wide awake.  I'm not used to this, because usually before I pull the covers up I am already asleep.  I was exhausted by the afternoon and I'm thankful that Chris K. came and spent the day.  She dusted, vacuumed, answered the door and helped in the kitchen, while I spent time with Bill and took a short nap.  Debbie was keeping Jessie occupied.  Jon worked.

I'm off to bed and hoping that I can sleep, but I don't want to sleep too soundly in case Bill needs me.  I did two nights ago.  Sometime during the night Memphis softly barked.  I jumped up and said "What's wrong, boy?"  Memphis didn't say anything (good thing) but Bill said, "He heard me cry out in pain." I felt bad that I didn't hear him but thankful that Memphis alerted me to Bill's need.  Once again, Thank you, God, for Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment